Come prepared: Wear proper clothing, and bring sunscreen, tick
protection, snack and beverage, binoculars, and field
Bring lunch if it is an all-day or weekend trip.
• We encourage carpooling. Discuss ahead
how to share expenses.
Quiet groups see more birds; please speak quietly if at all,
off all cell phones or put them on vibrate.
must answer a
call, stay behind the group to complete the call, then rejoin
SAAS encourages protection of birds and their habitat; do not
so closely that you cause the bird to alter its behavior.
• SAAS supports the ABA
Code of Birding Ethics
; please familiarize yourself with
• Children must be accompanied by
• Pets are not allowed on our trips.
• Any artificial means to attract birds,
including “pishing,” will be at the leader’s discretion.
Smokers need to respect the wishes of non-smokers. If you
smoke, step far away from the group. Leave no cigarette
• Let the leader lead: walking ahead may flush
birds before others see them.
• Please do not call trip coordinators after 9